måndag 12 maj 2008

I have a crush on Jeremy Brett

Yeah, seriously. He's so intense and alive, which is so the wrong word because he died in 1995. But when I see those old episodes of Sherlock Holmes I just know that he's still out there somewhere. Those sudden mood swings he has, when his face changes with a really sharp twist. He can be lost inside his own thought one minute and then suddenly smiles that cynical, ironic smile. I don't even know if I'm speaking about the actor or the character any more. The best of it is that I have a million episodes left on my giant complete collection of Sherlock Holmes. I'm going to savor it.

In other news, I'm warming toward David Burke (the first Watson) who I at first thought to be an utter idiot. Seriously, he plays that role like an slow-witted third grader. Watson deserves more credit than that. Anyone would look stupid beside Holmes. No, the real problem with Burke is that he is acting Watson, while Brett is Holmes. The second Watson, Edward Hardewicke, is much more natural in that way. But still, Burke has some boyish charm I suppose... Well, at least he's younger. Anyway I've gotten used to him and his open mouth and staring eyes (standard expression when dealing with Holmes). As long as he doesn't drool.

Not that I wouldn't blame him because Holmes/Brett is droolable... ^_^

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar